MAC and Choose…
Note: This activity can be completed individually, in small groups, or in a full-classroom learning environment.
Please view the video located at the following link:
Topics discussed include not only where we have come from in Ethernet development, but where we are going with Ethernet technology (a futuristic approach).
After viewing the video and comparing its contents to Chapter 5, go to the web and search for information about Ethernet. Use a constructivist approach:
- What did Ethernet look like when it was first developed?
- How has Ethernet stayed the same over the past 25 years or so, and what changes are being made to make it more useful/applicable to today’s data transmission methods?
Collect three pictures of old, current, and future Ethernet physical media and devices (focus on switches) – share these pictures with the class and discuss:
- How have Ethernet physical media and intermediary devices changed?
- How have Ethernet physical media and intermediary devices stayed the same?
- How will Ethernet change in the future?