The figure displays a routing table entry on R1 for the route to remote network 10.1.1.0. The entry identifies the following information:
- Route source - Identifies how the route was learned.
- Destination network - Identifies the address of the remote network.
- Administrative distance - Identifies the trustworthiness of the route source.
- Metric - Identifies the value assigned to reach the remote network. Lower values indicate preferred routes.
- Next-hop - Identifies the IP address of the next router to forward the packet.
- Route timestamp - Identifies when the route was last heard from.
- Outgoing interface - Identifies the exit interface to use to forward a packet toward the final destination.